Coordinating PEPFAR and other donors
This link takes you to our webpage on community and to a link for a 5 minute news feature that appeared on Nation Television on 13th and 14th May. http://www.hcluganda.org/community.html
The feature comes a week after the announcement by Dr Apuuli of the Uganda Aids Commission that the HIV Implementers conference will take place in Kampala. The conference is a global gathering of PEPFAR, Global Fund, UNAIDS, governments and international NGO. The theme this year is partnerships and how scaling up of services, particularly prevention, can be coordinated.
The feature includes three of the clinic’s clients who are now peer educators talking about their HIV experience and how Hope Clinic has and continues to help them. In the film there are other references to/ images of:
- The Ministry of Health/ National Medical Stores test kits for HIV coordinated by the USAID funded DELIVER project;
- The Small Grants office of the US Embassy;
- The NGO facility coordinated by the Joint Medical Stores/ Kampala City Council for Coartem – a modern malaria treatment;
- The CDC/PSI Basic Care Package comprising LLIN mosquito nets and clean water systems;
- Leaflets produced by TASO and JCRC with PEPFAR funding that we have re-produced and use in our mobilisation work;
- The support of DFCU Bank who funded the improvements to our laboratory;
- The visiting staff of JCRC whose services include the CD-4 analysis of the blood samples being taken;
Thank you for your interest, help and support over the years.